We are pleased to provide you with a comprehensive warranty for your door, extending over a considerable period of ten (10) years from the date of purchase. Within this warranty period, we assure you that the product will remain free from any defects in both its material composition and craftsmanship, ensuring its optimal functionality and durability throughout.
Paint and Finish Warranty:
In addition to the door warranty, we also offer a separate warranty specifically for the paint and finish of your door. The professional application of the paint by the manufacturer entitles you to a warranty period of five (5) years from the date of sale. This warranty ensures that the paint and finish maintain their pristine condition, devoid of any material defects or imperfections resulting from the manufacturing process.
What This Warranty Does NOT Cover:
It is important to note that while our warranties encompass a wide range of potential issues, there are certain exclusions and limitations to consider. The following circumstances and elements are not covered under these warranties:
- Handle and Hardware: Any concerns or malfunctions related to the door handle and associated hardware are not covered by these warranties.
- Post-Manufacture Paint Finishes: Any alterations or additional paint finishes applied to the door after its original manufacture are not included in the warranty coverage.
- Labor Charges: Our warranties do not extend to cover any expenses incurred for installation, removal, or reinstallation of the door, including associated labor charges.
- Damages from External Causes: Any damage to the door arising from causes other than defects in material and workmanship are not covered. Such causes include, but are not limited to, the following: tape or tape residue, paint spills, pet-related damage, exposure to acid or other chemicals, stains, accidents, misuse or abuse, foreign objects, salt spray, improper installation, improper storage, use of unauthorized articles, modifications, improper service or repair, improper or unreasonable use, failure to provide reasonable maintenance, force majeure events, or acts of nature.
Limitations and Conditions:
To ensure transparency and clarity, it is essential to understand the limitations, conditions, and restrictions associated with the warranty coverage. Notably, we do not assume responsibility for any labor charges pertaining to the installation, removal, or reinstallation of the door. Any costs incurred for such labor-related activities will be the sole responsibility of the customer.
Bubbling Paint and Scratches around the Lock Area:
Should you encounter any instances of bubbling paint or scratches around the lock area, it is important to note that these issues typically arise due to improper installation methods or techniques used to rectify the installation. To shed light on common issues faced by installers that may cause damage to the finish around the lock areas, consider the following:
- Misaligned Third Hole for Lower Lock Area: When installers drill a third hole for the lower lock area that is not properly aligned, subsequent attempts to tighten the lock can lead to pressure on the door finish, resulting in marks or scratches in that vicinity. Additionally, the tightening of the lock may cause slight bowing of the lock in the center.
- Alignment of Lock after Screw Installation: It is crucial to note that the alignment of a lock should be completed before the screws are installed. Attempting to straighten or align the lock after the screws have been inserted can potentially cause damage to the surrounding finish.
- Multiple Attempts to Install the Lock: When installing the Flush bolt system on the top and bottom of double doors with locks in the dormant door, it is important to exercise caution. Multiple installation attempts can contribute to unintended damage and compromise the finish’s integrity.